"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." ~ Maya Angelou


Thursday, July 14, 2011

It all ends tomorrow

I'd like to take this opportunity to nerd out a bit. And you can't do anything about it because this is MY blog. So there.

Tomorrow, July 15th 2011, the EPIC FINALE of Harry Potter is released. I am RIDICULOUSLY excited. It's embarassing. This is a big deal, though! There's no denying this is going to be the most amazing movie of the summer. Of the YEAR. OF FOREVER. Okay, maybe that's overdoing it a bit. But I'm jacked.

I purchased advanced tickets a few weeks ago for this extravaganza, and I will be going tomorrow night at 11 pm. I. Can't. Wait. Seriously. It's the end of an era! Think about it: the first Harry Potter book was released in 1997, the first movie in 2001. The Deathly Hallows book was released in 2007, the final installment in the two-part film released in 2011. This series has spanned 14 years; there are people who have literally grown up with Harry Potter. The thought really amazes me, actually.

I'll admit it, I'm a relatively new fan of the series. I started reading the books in 2008, and I had seen a few of the movies before that point. It wasn't until I started reading the books that I really got into the movies, but I'm like that with any film adaptation. I'm a purist, really. Needless to say, I'm really looking forward to seeing the end. But at the same time, I'm really sad that it IS ending.

On a side note, I was on YouTube looking for an appropriate HP video/song to use as my SOTD, and I stumbled across something...awesome...for lack of better word. Apparently, there is a Harry Potter Musical. Fan-made, of course, but nonetheless, it's there. And I watched some of it. And I was delighted and a little horrified. So I will be sharing this with you. IT ALL ENDS TOMORROW...but the wait for the SOTD ends NOW.

1 comment:

  1. Tragus Piercing Tragus Piercing I read such an article, do you think these are correct? Has anyone had it done before?

    ReplyDelete