"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." ~ Maya Angelou


Thursday, June 23, 2011

I heart birds

You ever have those moments where you're just overwhelmed with awesome? I'm pretty sure I have them all the time. Not just because I'm so awesome, but because in 114 days, I will be marrying the man of my dreams. He's the one person on the planet that somehow manages to put up with me all of the time and still make sure that I know he loves me. I'm special.

See that? That's my sweetheart, my Cody Bird. I loves him so.

That guy, right up there, is the greatest man in the world and there is no one else in the world I would rather be with. Every morning, he wakes up first and rolls over to give me a kiss before he gets out of bed to have a shower. He faithfully wakes my lazy ass up every day at the same time so that I'm not late for work, but he always comes and snuggles with me for a few minutes before it's time to get up. Morning snuggles have this uncanny knack for making my morning an absolute DELIGHT. It's my first shot of caffeine in the morning.

He always tells me I'm beautiful, even when I feel like I just crawled out of a rubbish bin. He always makes me feel special, even on my worst days where I feel like I'm useless. It's scary how truly wonderful he is. And I don't think he quite realizes it. I can only hope that I show him how much I care and that he is everything to me.

In 114 days, I will marry my soulmate.



In 114 days, I marry my best friend.



In 114 days, I get to be a Bird, too. 

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I love this post, especially the last line. How perfect!! So great to have another half that loves you so :)
    Shani

    ReplyDelete